Peintre : Sam Rodriguez








I am based out of San José, California and have been fortunate to have my work shown in public art spaces, museums, companies, galleries, internet, and editorial publications. For a number of years I was self-taught through the graffiti scene, until I later decided to expand my studies by pursuing a Bachelor in Fine Arts from California College of the Arts.  I have since blended what I absorbed from both experiences to create my current style.  At the moment, I am interested in two types of portraiture that I call, "Topographical Portraiture" and "Type Faces".  Topographical Portraits, are made by stylizing a portrait with topographical lines and shapes in a similar manner to those found through images on geographic maps. Type Faces, incorporate typography and portraiture. I developed these through countless studio sessions, to use as a platform for my interest in social, historic, and cultural hybridité

http://samrodriguezart.com/

directeur-artistique

Instagram